This is a simple process that will allow you to boot to a USB flash drive to install Windows. First we must prepare the USB flash drive. The flash drive that is selected will be completely wiped out so make sure that it does not contain any data that is important to you.
- Run a command prompt as an Administrator
Start the diskpart program, type: diskpart
- Diskpart is a command line disk partitioning tool that accepts commands that you type.
Type the commands:
- This show a list of all disk on your computer, make a note of the disk number of your USB flash drive
Select Disk <n>
- Where <n> is the disk number from the List disk command, MAKE SURE you enter the correct number.
- Wipe out the disk
- Create partition primary
- These two commands create a primary partition and mark it as active.
Format fs=fat32 quick
- Format the disk with the Fat32 file system, quick is optional.
- This assigns a drive letter to the USB flash drive in Windows Explorer.
- Insert the Windows installation disk into your DVD drive.
- Copy the contents of the Windows Installation disk to your USB flash drive
Now you can take that flash drive over to your netbook and install Windows 7!